Stock Market में Trading की शुरुआत कैसे करे

 Hello, hello, hello! Greetings friends! I am your friend Vivek Bajaj

Stock Market में Trading की शुरुआत कैसे करे

A student of mine wants to learn to trade

https://youtu.be/t-rURJUMNKk
Stock market


I said I will definitely teach trading, but not just to you. I will teach all my students online for free


In this video series, I will sit and chat with my student


and try to teach her how to trade


and let's see if she is able to trade in the end or not.


Hello Annapurna! Hello Sir!


How are you? I am good sir.  How are you? I am good too


Annapurna is a millennial


She has completed her Masters? Right sir


She is my friend's niece


One day my friend called and told me that she has an interest in trading, so please guide her


It's good to know that the young generation is interested in trading seriously


First of all, let me congratulate you that you have thought about trading


Thank you, sir


It's a very good career if pursued properly


That's why I have come to you for guidance


I will try my best to teach you


Whatever best I can do, I will give you my best


But before I start; as this is a new series that I am starting


We will start with the basic and then try to move to advanced so that you can start trading


Let's understand your educational background and why do you want to trade


I have completed my BCom (Honours) in finance


I had a slight interest in the stock market from the start but kept it on the side


Because I belong to a business family, I went to pursue Masters in Entrepreneurship


Post that I have been working in a startup for experience since a year now


What I realized was that my money kept accumulating in the bank account and was stagnating


So I thought why not put it to better use?


Try to multiply it and get more income


So I thought why not start with trading


Absolutely


You have studied entrepreneurship and you want to step into trading


and become an entrepreneur


The first lesson is that Trading is an Entrepreneurship


You do it for yourself and you are not answerable to anyone.


You work with your own money with limitations


If you are into intraday trading, then you enter in the morning and exit in the evening


Not taking anything back home


It's like no debtor, no creditor


Everything's going to happen in the day


Or if you are into positions where you can estimate your buying price and your earnings


Trading is a noble occupation.


where you are an entrepreneur


but like I said, it's not easy


It looks glamourous and interesting


but it's very important to learn the basics


So let's start


Let's start with the journey and see if I can help Annapurna become a trader or not


To all the viewers, if you know any youngster with a similar profile who are also interested to learn trading


then please share this video with them


we will start with the basics


and try to teach the concept that works for me and has helped me earn


and try to inspire youngsters to take up a career in trading


So let's start with the basics


You can ask whatever question comes to your mind and don't worry about the time limit


Ask any number of questions you want. We will record multiple videos for the same


What is the first question in your mind now?


Sir, how do you trade? How does your trading setup look like?


So you are at my office desk and here you can see my entire trading setup.


I am a professional trader and I have been trading in the market for 15 to 16 years now


The trading setup for a professional will be different from that of a novice


So if you see my setup


I have removed the two screens that used to be on the top


I have reduced it since I am not involved in intraday active trading now


Nowadays I am more involved in active investing and passive trading


i.e., I carry my position for some days now


But when I was an intraday trader, I had 4 monitors in front of me


One was for real-time news updates


Another was to track real-time ticker updates


There used to be ticker-reading in the olden days


Every action in the market used to be shown in the ticker


Which stock is up or down used to be shown in the ticker continuously


That was one screen that I had


One other screen was to monitor the graphs which shows the technicals


As you can see that there is a graph with multiple lines moving


It's like a snake moving inside the screen


All you have to do is predict the movement of this snake


This is trading


So that's the graph


And on this another screen, the tool that I have developed, StockEdge


which helps me with my homework at the end of the day


And all my analysis and notes are there in the StockEdge


So that's always open on one of the screens


So 4 screens, and one laptop which is in front of me


To track my emails or any other actionable item


This is a typical trading setup of a professional trader


Don't get worried by the complexities


Not sure which screen to check when


This is a professional trader's setup which will build over a period of time


I'll suggest you keep one laptop or desktop in front of you


to keep and track the tools that I am going to mention, will be sufficient


The mobile apps are also very active nowadays


70% of the time we are using a mobile app


So keep a mobile phone and a desktop/laptop to start off


But what I would suggest that if and when you become a full-time trader


then a bare minimum setup should have a laptop, a smartphone, and 2 more screens


There's actually just one CPU connected to two screens.


If I move my mouse, you will be able to see


There's just one computer with two monitors. It has a dual display card which is easily available nowadays


This is the setup you should aspire to have


If you are able to achieve this setup, it implies that you are a professional trader now


Your target should be to get this setup


So this is my trading setup


This is just the hardware setup Let's come to the software setup now


The software setup you should have as a trader


Trading is forming judgement on the fluctuating prices of the stocks


Like, investing and trading are two different things


You question the price of the stock in the market when investing


You feel that the price is wrong


The price either should have been up or down


that we call evaluating the fair value


what should be the right price of the stock


Trading is different


The price in the market is always correct while trading


I need to evaluate whether the price is going to go up or down


Okay. Understood


What will you do when the price goes up?


I will buy Absolutely


What will you do if you feel that the prices are going to go down?


I will sell Exactly! It's simple


All you have to do is buy and sell


The biggest question here is how much duration do you want to trade for?


What is the duration of your trade?


Do you want to predict the price movement of a stock for 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months


Every duration will differ


The price movement might go up steeply and do down steeply just within 2 hours


So if you buy and sell, your duration will just be those 2 hours


But a stock might show a steep rise within a span of 2 months, then your duration will be 2 months


So as a trader, the first question that you need to answer is that what is the duration of your trade?


Do you want to trade within 5 minutes, i.e. do intraday trading?


Or do you want to hold your position for some days, i.e., do swing trading


So it's either intraday trading or swing trading.


What do you want to do?  Intraday trading or Swing trading


I want to start off with swing trading


So you want to hold the shares you buy for some days


Then you need to observe the price movement on a swing basis


Technical Analysis gives the flexibility to help you link the price with your objective.


This is a very brilliant study. Let me show you


This is a stock.  What do you understand from this chart?


Are you able to understand it?


I am unable to understand so many lines


Aren't there too many lines to make it complex for you?


Let's go to a simple chart


I'll nake a chart with a new layout to simplify it


The name of this software is Trading View


I use it for advanced technical charting


And the other software that I use is StockEdge, developed by me


Even StockEdge has charts


Use StockEdge to analyse the overview data  of fundamentals, technicals at the end of the day


Use Trading View for advanced technical charts


This is my setup that I have defined


How do you feel after seeing this chart? I am able to understand this at least


This is the daily chart


Daily chart maps the closing price of a scrip every day


Let's take the example of the State Bank of India


when I am typing State Bank of India, it shows SBIN, that is its code


The code of a stock is defined by the exchange


This is the share price of the State Bank of India


What can you see? What is going on in the charts?


This is the daily price, which plots the closing price per day and creates a graph accordingly


What can you make out of this?


So they plot a day's price per day.


So this is plotted from June to November


No, this is from June till today


This is till February. This is the zoomed-in view, if you zoom out, you will get old data as well


If I am into swing trading, do I observe such old data?


Absolutely. If you are into swing trading, then we don't need to see such old data


We will only check the chart for the past 3 to 4 months.


Now we will see a chart for past 12 months to understand what's happening in the SBI


You will be able to see multiple towers along with the line chart


What are these towers? This is Volume, as in how much is being traded


The number of volumes being traded


Okay?


If the price rises with a volume of 100 shares and if the price rises with a volume of 1000 shares


Which is more relevant?


Price rise with a volume of 1000 shares


More people trading, with an increase in price, indicates of conviction of more people in it


Technical analysis is when you study the price and volume together


This is the daily chart, which shows the end of the day chart with volume


What can you make out of the chart? What has happened in the State Bank of India?


The price has gone up drastically in the past few days


It means bullish market


What happened here?


There must have been some market event It means the bearish market


This is the bullish market and this is the bearish market


You must have heard about bull and bear. Bull means an increase in price and bear means a decrease in price


Price action indicates a bullish or a bearish or a mid-range known as the consolidation range


The price is resting and planning its way forward


It's a race and everyone is running. People in the share market are also running


Where will you place your bets on?  On the price which runs higher


An increasing price implies bullish A decreasing price implies bearish


Consolidated implies that the price is resting and planning its way forward


So you can see a bearish trend in the chart. When did this bearish trend start?


What happened last February, March, and April? Corona!


Corona led to a decrease in the price of not just this share but the entire stock market


Then the price was resting for some time, this is known as the consolidation range


When it was done resting, it started preparing for a new race


It ran up very steeply


This is known as breakout


But the previous high


When it is consolidating, this was the high that it had created


It lit up like fire after breaking the previous high


It started a new run post the breakout


Initially, the prices decreased, then consolidated and then increased again


This is technical analysis


Breakout is when the prices start running up again? Correct


Break - out


Break-down


Why do we use the term bull for an increase in price and the term bear for a decrease in price?


This is a good question, to which I don't have an answer to. Try to guess


You will not know any answer


Just think why do we use the term bull for an increase in price and the term bear for a decrease in price?


Maybe because when bull runs, it gets crazed out


Even the bear does the same thing


Bull's horns are facing upwards and a bear's nose is facing downwards


Hence when a bull trend is upwards and a bear trend is downwards. This is the story


There are more animals in the market which we will discuss later


A bullish market is created when there is a breakout


A bearish market is created when there is a breakdown


As a trader you need to identify both bullish and bearish trend as you can benefit from both


You will benefit by buying in the bullish market and by selling in the bearish market


How do you sell in the bearish market? We will have these conceptual discussions later


You have understood the broad concept that you need to buy in the bullish market


All you need to do is predict a bearish or a bullish trend


whether it is going towards a bullish trend or a bearish trend


You need to predict this as per your time duration, whether you are predicting for the next few minutes, or hours


You need to change the charts accordingly


You will follow the daily charts for swing trading


But if your trade duration is less


Then I won't see the daily charts


I will change the tenure of the chart to a 2-hourly chart


It plots the closing price every 2 hours


I can change 2-hourly to hourly as well


I have a question


Why do we plot the closing price?


We plot the closing price as this is a line chart


We plot the closing price in the line chart


If I convert the chart to a candlestick chart


This is how a candlestick looks like


It is a very interesting pattern that will be discussed later


Candlestick plots high, low, opening and closing, all in this one pattern.


Following closing price in the line chart is a convention


Because the closing price is more relevant


The trends in between does not really matter as much in the line chart


All the price movement is relevant as per the candlestick chart


We can take out inferences through the different patterns of candlestick


Let's use the line chart for now


This is an hourly line chart


We can convert it to a 5-minute line chart or 1-minute line chart


This is SBI's 5-minute chart


There was a bullish trend in the morning


Now there is a correction in the market after some pause


You might feel after seeing the 5-minute chart that the stock might fall


As there is a downward trend


But there is an upward trend as per the daily chart


This is where you might get confused in identifying the upward and the downward trend


Identifying the trend in the price movement of the stock depends on your objective


If you are trading in small tenure, then you can see a negative trend.


when it's going up or down, a trend is being created


if the trend is downwards in a small tenure, then I will trade for a small duration


if the trend is upwards in a small tenure, then I will trade for a small duration


The first thing that is important to understand is the tenure of your trade


Do you want to trade more for a small time period or do you want to trade less but effectively in the longer time period


I have another question


How do I define the time period? Should it be a range or a fixed time period?


There is no need for a fixed time period that needs to be defined for trading


It is price dependant


You can square up the stock as soon as the desired price is achieved, be it 2 days or 20 days


Price is more relevant for you, and not time


I'll square up when I have earned


I'll square up when my stop loss is hit


Stop Loss? We will discuss this later


We will have more conversations on it in the upcoming videos


But you have understood the basic structure


I have a trading infrastructure. I follow technicals for trading


My trading setup is based on the duration of my trading


I have another question


You have shown me hourly as well as daily charts. Which one should I follow?


Depends on your objective


If my objective is swing trading and my price is achieved in 2 days


But I feel that it might go up again after 5 days So should I hold or should I sell?


We will discuss the trading strategies in the upcoming videos


Sometimes you happen to mix up two tenure


I have a setup where I check the end of the day chart and 2-hourly chart


Any price movement of a stock in the market can be identified through small-tenure charts


Obviously


Small tenure charts will provide first-hand information because if the trend is changing


then a 5-minute chart or an hourly chart will inform you first


The large tenure charts will inform you later


I will share my setup with you


where you will see how can you integrate the daily chart with a 2-hour chart and create your own model


which can be used for swing trading


For Intraday trading, you might want to integrate a 5-minute chart with an hourly chart


I will teach you how to do that setup later


But you have an overview of trading now


You are familiar with charting now


We will also discuss what data to check post your dinner in the StockEdge App


The time post your dinner after 8 pm


What time do you have dinner? 8:30 pm


After probably chilling till 9:30 pm, use StockEdge App for your homework


so that you are better prepared for the market the next day


we will discuss how to do that


Finally, where will we transact? We transact through the trading terminal


Open an account with any broker and he will give you access to the trading terminal


I have the trading terminal open. It's very simple


You can see all the stocks, its bid price, ask price, last edit price, which you can use to trade


I will discuss in detail about the trading terminal and how to use it


You can see the prices going up and down in the trading terminal


And this is the price at which you trade


You buy at ask price and sell at bid price. I will discuss this over a period of time


There is market watch, offer book, trade book and a lot more information


Your trading setup should have technical charts, StockEdge, which has much more than technical charts


and a trading terminal


you can get all 3 in your laptop.  Trading Terminal is also available in app nowadays


all the brokers provide the service


you can use the phone to trade and a laptop to analyse


What about news? You can put on the news


What you need to remember is the news that you are consuming is outdated


Someone has already acted on it


If you act as per the news, then you are just to lose your money


If you follow the charts, then assume that the charts already has captured all the news


News is biased and is given so that you act according to the people who are putting out the news


which generally leads to loss of money


Don't follow the news in the market hour, just follow the charts


Technical charts and price will give you the hint itself


Do not trade on the day of an event like a new RBI Policy


Trade post the event


The market is not going anywhere, neither are we. So why the rush to trade? We are here to make money


Okay?  Okay


Friends, this was just the first chapter where I have explained the basic setup for trading


Hope you all have liked the video


We will discuss all the grassroots basics of trading


And will try to help Annapurna become a trader


It will be a lottery for me if you are also able to become a trader


I would love to train as many people through  this medium


The more you share, the more people will be able to get educated


I will be able to tell people the right way to participate in the market


Thank you for watching this video


Thank you Annapurna for your time Thank you sir



How to start trading in share market?

 How to choose good stock?

 What are the types of trading?

 How to earn money from share market?

Let's meet again Next time, next class





Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url